A holiday for your ears
Soundcamp is a series of outdoor listening events on International Dawn Chorus Day, linked by Reveil: a 24 hour broadcast that tracks the sounds of daybreak, travelling West from microphone to microphone on sounds transmitted live by audio streamers around the globe.
Our annual Soundcamp, over a two night camp on site, gives participants the opportunity to immerse themselves in the sounds of the Dartington Hall Estate.
Rob Hopkins, who joined us for Soundcamp 2017 wrote
My companions seem genuinely moved, and clearly affected by what they’ve heard. Words include “beautiful”, “awesome” and “moving”. Tony notes that although he’s heard many dawn choruses, he never tires of it, and that now we’ve had a taste of it, we should get out when we can in May to listen to it. As he observes, “you only get so many Mays in your life”. I’d never looked at it like that before.
for his full article see: https://www.robhopkins.net/2017/05/10/204/
Join us for a weekend of camping, listening, walks, yoga, sound art, recording, nature & nourishing food. Give your ears a holiday - in the comfort of Soundart Radio on the beautiful Dartington Hall estate.
SOUNDCAMP AT A GLANCE:
- Outdoor camping on the Dartington Hall Estate
- Listening sits and walks
- Sound recording and live broadcast
- Vegan-friendly and wholesome home-made meals
- Open fire and simple outdoor kitchen for preparing food
- Deep listening and quiet time
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people
- Free time to deepen your own practice, read, go to the river, walk, explore the local area etc.